Cyprus Turkish Association of BMU
The Organs of the Association
- General Assembly
- Management Board
- Honorary Board
- Supervisory Board
The General Assembly
- It is the most senior and final organ of the Association. The General Assembly has authority to make final decisions. Decisions are taken by with the simple majority of the members who attend the General Assembly.
- Ordinary General Assembly meetings take place every two years in September with the call of the Management Board.
- Management Board consists of 6 members, elected by the General Assembly.
- The Chairman is elected at the General Assembly by direct suffrage.
- 5 full and 2 associate members of the Management Board are elected after the election of the Chairman.
- Management Board meets not less than once a month and it is presided by the Chairman or Deputy Chairman. Meeting quorum is four. Decisions are taken by simple majority. In case of a tied vote, the Chairman is entitled to a casting vote. Honorary Chairmen may attend meetings of the Management Board without the right to a vote.
- If Management Board memberships become vacant, associate members in line join the Management Board.
Functions and powers of the Management Board
- To deal with the management of the Association and act in accordance with its regulation,
- Act as appropriate for achieving aims of the Association,
- To call on the General Assembly for regular or extraordinary meetings,
- To execute decisions taken at the General Assembly,
- To decide on the membership applications,
- To decide on the complaints,
- To organize fundraising activities.
Assignment of duties for member of the Management Board
- Chairman: Presides over Management Board meetings. Represents the Association at contacts and meetings.
- Deputy Chairman: Presides over Management Board meetings in absence of the Chairman.
- Secretary-General: Registers incoming and outgoing documents, keeps members log book, decision book and guests’ book, keeps all relevant files and prepares correspondences. Prepares meeting agendas of the Management Board, transfers members’ applications to the Management Board.
- Financial Secretary: Organizes income and expenditure books of the Association. Directs financial situation of the Association. Files orderly documents pertaining to expenditures and incomes of the Association. Controls bank accounts of the Association. Organizes membership fee payment documents and receipts. Deposits cash income to the bank account on time.
- Active Members: Perform duties assigned by the Management Board.
- Consists of 2 full and 1 associate members elected by the General Assembly. Members who attend the General Assembly, from the list of Supervisory Board candidates write down 2 names on stamped voting papers.
- Checks decision book and financial records as necessary.
- Submits its reports to the General Assembly.
- Consists of 3 full and 1 associate members elected by the General Assembly. Members who attend the General Assembly, from the list of Honorary Board candidates write down 3 names on stamped voting papers.
- At its first meeting elects a chairman and a secretary from among the full members.
- Reviews files transferred by the Management Board. May request written or oral defence from members whom caused complaints.